1. Rural Skip Service – The Council is exploring options to take over the annual rural skip service withdrawn by Teignbridge District Council and will be inviting registered local contractors to tender in due course.
2. Christmas Celebrations – Preparations continue for our exciting Community Christmas event organised for Friday 18th to Sunday 20th December from 6.00 to 8.30pm which will include a fantastic walk through light projection at Buckfastleigh Primary School and Window Wanderland.
3. Cricket Club grant – A £500 grant was awarded to the Buckfastleigh Cricket Club towards the cost of new player safety kit and club equipment.
4. Help with Food Available – Good quality food parcels continue to be available from the Food Bank to all of those who are finding it difficult to make ends meet – there are plenty of supplies to go round so please do not leave yourself short. Be Buckfastleigh at The Living Room is also providing free packed lunches for children during the Christmas school holiday. Frozen Christmas meals can be delivered to households needing them by placing an order through the Town Council.
5. Blocked Drains – Problems with blocked drains should be reported to Devon County Council here: www.devon.gov.uk/roadsandtransport/maintaining-roads/managing-the-network/flooding-and-drainage/report-standing-water-flooding-or-blocked-drains. Members of the public are also asked to complete this form online so that the Council can keep track of problem areas: <http://tinyurl.com/BuckfastleighDrains>