1. Christmas Celebrations – The Council had further discussions about the plan to stage a Christmas light projection show on Dec 18th 19th and 20th on the school building with creative input from pupils. More to follow on this exciting Christmas event!
2. Christmas Food Provision – Plans for Christmas hampers, packed lunches for children and possible frozen Christmas meals by Be Buckfastleigh and St Luke’s Church/Food Bank with support from the Town Council.
3. COVID Support Funds – Update from Teignbridge District Council about distribution of funds from central government to support those affected by Covid-19 lockdown
4. Town Hall – The Town Hall will remain closed to all but the essential services that take place there (Education provision and Library click&collect service)
5. Buckfastleigh Helpline – The Helpline will be active again from Thursday November 5th. It will operate between 10 am and 5 pm from Monday to Friday. The number to call is 01364 255819.
6. Remembrance Sunday – Cllr Clarke will attend the War Memorial on Remembrance Sunday to lay a wreath on behalf of the town. Due to Covid 19 regulations this will be done individually by the different organisations including the Royal British Legion.
7. Be Wild – Be Wild held a Facebook Live event on Tuesday evening, November 3. Participants heard about projects including bat counts and hedgehog homes
Full minutes will be available on the website after the next Town Council Meeting.