1. Vacancies – Vacancies have arisen for the position of Town Councillor and Town Ranger. We would like to convey our thanks and appreciation to both Pam Barrett and Ray Staines for their work and commitment to our community and wish them well for their future endeavours.
2. Planning Consultation – We will be responding to the Government consultation on supporting housing delivery and public service infrastructure to express our concerns about the loss of many retail and commercial outlets, that more government support is needed and how the new proposals will erode the current planning system and local democratic process.
3. Traffic Regulations Amendment – We will also respond to the proposed traffic regulations amendments consultation, again expressing our concerns about the lack of parking for residents and indiscriminate parking which obstructs emergency vehicles.
4. Christmas Meals and Lightshow – We would like to thank the staff and volunteers who arranged and delivered meals, treats and children’s gifts to those who found themselves alone or struggling financially this Christmas. The beautiful Christmas light projection show at the school was also a resounding success and attracted 400 people over three evenings.
5. Town Clock – We are seeking views on the future of the Town Clock which is attached to Searle’s in Fore Street and would welcome comments or suggestions from the public.
Full minutes will be available on the website after the next Town Council Meeting.