Are you a wildlife enthusiast? We need your passion!
Initial plans have begun for a special event (24-26th July), celebrating the natural places in the town and surroundings, and the incredible wildlife that lives within it.
We are looking for people to run activities that create lasting benefit for wildlife or that inspire and empower people to make a difference in their communities. We are seeking:
- walks, talks and experiences
- passionate naturalists, educators and project leaders
- activities led by community groups
- workshops that aim to benefit wildlife
- outdoor artworks, art installations and performances with wildlife/nature at their heart.
We welcome any activities that encourage:
- spending time outdoors, connecting with nature
- celebration of wildlife and the natural world
- observation/recognition/identification of wildlife.
- Improvements to the biodiversity of the town and local area
- noticing natural spaces in new and different ways
- wellbeing in nature
- Inclusion of people with limited natural access/exposure
- positive solutions to environmental challenges
- reduced waste and sustainable living.
All submissions are welcome at this stage. Projects should cause minimal disturbance to natural habitats. First deadline March 31st. Fill in the submission form here.
Fundraising will begin shortly and the scale of the event will depend on the final budget. We appreciate the value of people’s skills and expertise as well as material costs.
If you feel you have skills you can bring to this event, please get in touch with your ideas. Volunteers of all ages are very welcome. To express an interest, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Open Wildlife Garden Trail:
We are looking for people to show off their beautiful gardens and wildlife habitats, to inspire other people to attract wildlife to their gardens. No space too big or small, all interpretations considered. Gardens can open their gates for anything from an hour to a whole weekend – limitations to access, capacity and safety will be respected and clearly programmed. Fill in the submission form here to tell us about your garden.