ANNUAL TOWN MEETING
1. Be Buckfastleigh – We were pleased to welcome back Pam Barrett who gave an update about the wide variety of interesting projects and activities provided by Be Buckfastleigh and what is being planned for the future.
2. Mayor’s End of Year Review- The Mayor read out her End of Year Review which is published separately on the website and mentions particularly how so many members of our community stepped up to meet the challenges of the past year.
TOWN COUNCIL MEETING
3. Restart Business Grants – Cllr Sarah Parker Khan advised the meeting that non essential businesses can apply to the District Council for Restart Business grants subject to certain criteria and would encourage business owners to apply.
4. Buckfastleigh Action for Nature – We are pleased to announce that the Buckfastleigh Action for Nature Project supported by the Town Council was launched on 16th April with the aim to protect and enhance wildlife and wildflowers at identified sites around the parish.
5. Coronavirus Legislation – Councillors expressed concern that the Coronavirus legislation for local councils has not been extended beyond 7th May and the implications this may have on how the Council meets over the coming months.
Full minutes will be available on the website after the next Town Council Meeting.