1. Share Shed – Welcome to the Share Shed, the mobile ‘Library of Things’ who are now at the Football field (from 10-11:30am) and Victoria Woodholme car park (from 11:30-1pm) every Saturday. For more info check out social media or www.shareshed.org.uk, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Cycle South Dartmoor – We are supporting this group and the proposed cycle route from South Brent to Ashburton via Buckfastleigh and Dean Prior and beyond and the proposed SUSTRANS Sustainable Transport.
3. Grants – We gave grants to the following local groups and organisations:
- The Bungalow Youth Project – £500 towards refurbishment
- The Valiant Soldier and Heritage Centre – £420 for new tables and chairs
- Sharing Buckfastleigh – £250 the luncheon club
- Smooth Space – £450 towards the Buckfastleigh Swift Project
4. Buckfastleigh Youth Strategy – Having adopted a town Youth Strategy in June, we agreed to set up a Youth working party led by Cllr Sue Clarke to make it happen in conjunction with members from youth organisations in town.
5. Looking forward to 2021 – As part of our community engagement commitment, we are looking for novel ways to identify new projects and better support existing ones, so we can plan and budget for the next financial year. This year these might be Councillors ‘surgeries’ and an online questionnaire.
Full minutes will be available on the website after the next Town Council Meeting.