1. Share Shed – The Share Shed is coming to town on Saturday 4th July! The mobile library of things such as tools, camping and gardening equipment will be visiting Buckfastleigh regularly, times and locations to be confirmed. For further information and to join visit: www.shareshed.org.uk, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or look out for posts on social media.
2. Buckfastleigh Swift Project – an exciting new project working in partnership with Be Wild to support the swift population who call our town home during the summer months. Includes initiatives such as building and hosting new nest boxes, learning about the life of a swift, activity packs and an art installation at The Living Room.
3. Buckfastleigh Response Update – Demand for the wide variety of services offered by the Buckfastleigh Response Team continues and will continue to provide support as long as is necessary. We would like to take this opportunity to thank all the volunteers. The Town Council took the decision in March to make an emergency fund of £20,000 for any unforeseen impacts of the pandemic. Having successfully obtained some small grants that were available and thanks to fundraising activity by members of the Response team, the Town Council has only spent £1,908 of this fund to date.
4. Teignbridge District Council Local Plan Review Consultation – An opportunity to have your say about the proposed policies and actions that will affect the economic, social, and environmental future of our community. Survey deadline – 13th July 2020 For further information visit: www.teignbridge.gov.uk/planning/local-plans-and-policy/local-plan-review-2020-2040
5. Buckfastleigh Youth Strategy – Young Devon was commissioned by the Town Council in 2018 to formulate a Youth Strategy and mission statement to meet the gaps in youth provision left by the withdrawal of services and funding. Following consultation with all the youth activity providers in the town this new strategy has now been adopted and we look forward to working in partnership with all our youth groups.
6. Looking forward to 2021 – We will be looking at alternative ways of seeking the views of our community for existing Council projects and potential new ones subject to resources and funding. If you have a pet project or wish to provide feedback on an existing service provided by the Town Council please contact our Clerk, Judith.
Full minutes will be available on the website after the next Town Council Meeting.