- This event has passed.
December 5, 2018 @ 4:00 pm - 8:00 pmFree
Buckfastleigh is set to stage its 4th annual Christmas Fair on Wednesday 5th December from 4.00 – 8.00pm. Visitors young and old coming to join in the fun and festivities can expect two fantastic new attractions for 2018!
To get you in the spirit, the town’s first ever all weather skating rink, complete with snow machine will be situated in The Globe Car Park. Suitable for all ages and abilities this is an opportunity to have a bit of fun while keeping a dry bottom!
In between skating take a stroll down Fore Street to the Valiant Soldier, the pub that closed its doors in the late1960’s and never re-opened. For one night only this museum will open its doors for a truly nostalgic experience. You’ll be able to dress in Victorian costume, have your photo taken and enjoy a sing-a-long in the bar with pianist Andy Williamson.
In keeping with previous years an action packed evening of fun is planned for the whole family. This year’s entertainment includes:
- A street auction with a seasonal twist hosted by experienced auctioneer David Ship, dig deep to support the running of this marvellous evening by bidding on one of the fabulous lots on offer
- The Lost Sound-Dartmoor Folk Choir
- Carols sung by children from Buckfast and Buckfastleigh schools
- Children’s entertainer the magical Sicromagic
- Classic songs of old from Peter Dell
- Carols on the Green held on the Millennium Green at 5:30pm
Shops and stalls galore! With more than 40 street stalls selling a wide range of seasonal goods, food, gifts and much more, it’s an ideal opportunity to shop for presents or the Christmas table. There will be a giant bouncy slide, balloons, hot food & drink and all the delights of a seasonal event. Many of the local shops will also stay open for late shopping.
Santa has Buckfastleigh specially pencilled in, so why not come and say hello!