- This event has passed.
Town Council Meeting
October 21, 2020 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Agenda (Published 5 working days before the meeting)
- Minutes (available after approval at next meeting)
Town Council meetings are currently being held using the remote meeting service Zoom. If you would like to join the meeting scheduled for 21st October 2020 at 7.00pm please use the following login details required to join the meeting:
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84516500329?pwd=bGk3VlFqWXQ5KzFEY2QxRXU3UFdyQT09 Meeting ID: 845 1650 0329 Passcode: 365059
Please note that Members of the Public will be kept in the waiting room facility in Zoom until the meeting commences.
Any member of the public and press who wishes to attend the Town Council meeting will need to download
Zoom. Please visit https://zoom.us/meetings where you will be able to download the App.
The website gives tutorials and demonstrations on how to download Zoom and how to join
1. New Councillor – Members of the Council welcomed the newly co-opted Councillor Erin Kohler-Ockmore. Erin has lived in town for 10 years and is a volunteer with many local organisations.
2. Christmas Celebrations – Plans for socially distanced Christmas celebrations were discussed. These may include Window Wanderland displays around town plus exciting light projections.
3. Verge Management – The Town Council agreed to take over selected sites within the parish for verge management to preserve and enhance wildlife habitat
4. Buckfast Care Village Planning Application – There was broad support for the amended planning application for the proposed Care Village at Buckfast Abbey, although the Council will request assurance from the planning authority that a community facility is available for use by local residents and groups before demolition of Buckfast Village Hall takes place