Key Messages Wed 15th May – Annual Town Council & Council Matters
There were two meetings back-to-back. The first was to set up the new council.
Annual Town Council Meeting
- Andy Stokes was re-elected chair of the council and Town Mayor for the second year (2 abstentions).
- Pam Barrett was elected as deputy (2 abstentions).
- Councillors formally accepted their places on the council
- Council elected Andy as chair of the two new committees (Buckfastleigh Matters, which looks at issues to do with the community and Council Matters, which looks at issues to do with the Town Council) (2 abstentions).
- Andy to represent the Town Council on the Buckfast Village Hall Trustees.
Council Matters Meeting
- Review of the budget for this financial year – details can be seen here.
- New Town Guide is well under way and on target…
- Selected Andy Stokes & Philip Vogel as nominees for Parish representatives on Dartmoor National Park Authority (results on 22nd May).