- At the September meeting it was agreed to commission an internal viability study regarding the transfer of all the Teignbridge District Council owned car parks in Buckfastleigh to the Town Council.
- Following receipt of a planning application for the Devonia site, the Council reiterated its wish to be involved in a masterplan for this site led by Dartmoor National Park Authority.
- Projects Update:– The Council and organisers have received positive and encouraging feedback from the free Hello Summer 2017 programme of children’s activities and workshops which took place during the school summer holidays in the Town Hall and Victoria Park. This will now be collated with a view to funding a new programme for 2018. Formal negotiations to install a helipad for use by Devon Air Ambulance at the football field have now been completed and work will be commissioned shortly. The Council is awaiting the results of a grant application to support the installation of the solar panels to community buildings. Matt McLeod, the new Town Ranger who has been in post almost 3 months, has been well received and can now be contacted by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Town Council will be writing to the Chief Constable of Devon and Cornwall Police to request clarification of the level of policing currently in the town and express our concerns about increasing incidents of anti-social behaviour.
- It was agreed that the Council will fund six free training sessions to local voluntary groups and organisations from October which will include advice on funding, legal issues and responsibilities, recruitment, how to develop a business plan, marketing and promotion. Further information to follow, but if you would like to register your interest in the meantime, please contact Judith, the Town Clerk.
Full minutes will be available on the website after the next Town Council Meeting.