- Grants – The Council was pleased to award grants to the following organisations:
The Pokemon Club – £500
Friends of Buckfastleigh Library – £500
Moorland Community Care – £250
The Friendship Group – £500
- Buckfastleigh Citizens Advice Outreach – the weekly virtual outreach service at the Town Hall continue to be a valuable resource for our residents and Members were pleased to receive a report to this effect.
- Buckfastleigh Foodbank – are looking at providing a new client support hub. Cllr Kohler-Ockmore and Judith the Town Clerk have offered to support this initiative.
- ‘Beating the Bounds’ – Cllr Cox will be looking at resurrecting this ancient tradition with a community event next May.
- Queen’s Platinum Jubilee – Cllr Clarke was pleased to report that the Jubilee weekend had been a resounding success with a variety of events for all to enjoy and conveyed her thanks to Robin Barlow HM Deputy Lord Lieutenant of Devon for judging the Fore Street Window Dressing Competition. Further details can be found at www.buckfastleigh.gov.uk