1. Parish Meeting – With increasing demands on the Town Council budget due to the cost of living and energy crisis and following receipt of a grant application from Victoria Park to increase our annual contribution to support the swimming pool from £21,000 to £65,000 together with an inflationary rise, it was agreed by the Chair to call a Parish Meeting to be held on Wednesday 28th September at 7.00pm in the Town Hall. At this meeting the electorate will have the option to call a Parish Poll to vote on whether they agree to pay an increase in their Council Tax contribution to cover this.
2. Smaller Grants – We are pleased to award grants to the following:
- The Patchwork Challenge: £500 for room hire and materials for this group that makes patchwork quilts together which are then donated to charities
- Buckfastleigh Action for Nature Group (BANG): £500 to create a website
- Buckfastleigh Youth Club: £500 for arts and crafts activities
- Friendship Group: £500 to fund outings
- Conversation Works: £367 for training for Emergency First Aid at Work and a laptop projector and screen